About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Monday, March 31, 2014

Thirty

I turned 30 this month.  It was not a birthday I was looking forward to.  I liked my 20's.  I met my husband, got married, had two babies.  Seriously, I didn't want to leave them.  I remember my mom turning 30.  She'll actually always be 30 in my head.  30 is officially...adult.  I still feel 17 inside.  I felt like I'd just figured out how to enjoy life; and now three decades had passed without me doing so.  I didn't want it to end just yet. 
Anyway, I enjoyed a delicious pizza with REAL cheese (I paid for that the next day with Charlotte being extra fussy but it was soooooooo delicious) and baked myself a dairy/egg/corn/soy free cake.  It was good.  We were getting together with family on the weekend, but it was a nice, quiet transition.





Or so I thought.





Jeremy took me out for a date on Friday.  We walked in to drop off the girls at my friend's house.  I was very excited to go to Kohls and buy some "transition" clothes.  I was tired of maternity clothes and feeling very...old.  But my plans had to change very quickly when everyone jumped out and yelled, "SURPRISE!"*

Yep.  A surprise birthday party.  I love parties, just not one's for me.  I don't like the attention.  But I was floored and unbelievably humbled that Jeremy put that much time and effort into making sure I had a good memory of the start of my 30's. It was a wonderful evening with 20+ kids running around.  I didn't get my clothes until the next day, and Samantha had to adjust to not getting to eat the macaroni and cheese she had brought, but by the end of the night we both agreed that the party was a great change of plans. 


*Yes I was surprised.  I literally had no clue.  Looking back, I'm sure I would have picked up on a few things had I been paying attention.  But during the school year after having a baby that doesn't sleep?  I was in survival mode, yo.  I'm lucky if I know what day of the week it is.  So, yes, I was 100% completely surprised. 

No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers