About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A rose by any other name...will listen to you

Sam has gotten VERY good at ignoring.  You'd think we weren't even in the room.  It can instantly make one feel invisible.  Jeremy and I have tried several tactics, but the one that works 100% of the time is to call her by something that she is not.  For instance,

"Samantha, time to get out of the tub! Come on, hop on out please."
"....." 
"Sam, out. Now."
"...."
*sigh* "Mermaid, time to get out."
"Oh! Yes, I am a mermaid. Say 'hi mermaid' mommy!  I need to dry my tail!"

Over the next few minutes she transformed back and forth from girl to mermaid to a cat to a cat-mermaid.  

I wonder if this could work on my students... 

No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers