About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Countdown

Some of you may have recently noticed a gadget I added at the bottom of my blog.

No?

Well, it's been there, nonetheless. I needed to put it somewhere, and I thought this would the perfect place. If finances are taboo for you, just don't go there...seriously, just avoid the bottom- that's why I put it there! Anyway, encouragement/ideas/congrats as we go along are welcome, but by no means expected. I thought it might add another dimension to the blog, and give me something to look back at when I feel like we've gotten nowhere!
So, here's where we stand today:


  • about $1000 is medical
  • the rest is student loans (I know, I know...)
  • we hope to be done with most (if not all of it) before we move out of my parents' place (Mayish of 2012)

2 comments:

Tracy @ Hall of Fame Moms said...

Wow, if you can pay of that much in 2 yrs that is great! I hope you can. Good luck with that ;)

thatgirlisfunny said...

Part of creating a goal is declaring it publicly. Your goal is achievable - whether in two years or not remains to be seen. You will, however, have a smaller number in two years and be feeling really confident about dealing with the rest of it.

My friend Hayley took on a "crazy" goal (in my opinion crazy). It was a real challenge for her. I asked her if she would consider writing up her journey. She took the challenge. She said that because she made a public declaration, she wouldn't back out.

She wrote 6 posts. The last one is available to read as part of Day 22 of #31DBBB on my blog. Here is the title in case you have a chance to look and be encouraged - I love your widget! You can do it!

Tough Guy 2010 When a crazy idea became a reality! on thatgirlisfunny dot com

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers