About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Adventures in Employment

So a few weeks ago I spoke to the principal at the gradeschool where Jeremy works. She wanted me to work for them VERY part-time (1 period a day). The problem is, in order for me to get my provisional certificate, I have to be working at least half-time (3 periods a day).

Now, literally minutes before I had this wonderful offer (that I had to turn down) with the grade school, the Catholic High School called me for an interview for a full-time teaching position.

So I had that interview on Friday. Talk about deja vu. Same people and questions from last year when interviewed! I didn't think it went any better than last year, and since I didn't get the position last time, I didn't get my hopes up. I was told they'd call me by the following Friday.

On Tuesday I got a phone call from the High School and just missed it. The superintendent left a message. I immediately called back, but he was on the line. 30 minutes later he was still on the line! I left a message and an hour later still had not gotten a phone call. Just when I was about to freak out that I'd have to wait until the following day to know why he called he returned my call. Apparently they offered the position to another teacher, but she only wanted part-time. They offered me 2 periods a day. GROAN!

Suddenly my wicked math skills kicked in...1 + 2 =....Hey, I might have an idea!

So the good news is I will be DONE waitressing in August. AND back in the classroom with a foot in the door at my #1 choice of employment (the High School).

The bad news is that I'll STILL only be working part-time. Which is horribly frustrating financially. And this time I won't be home with my baby during the day. And will probably have to go back to waitressing next summer.

But I'm trying not to think about that right now...

No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers