About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Monday, February 18, 2013

Rite of Passage

One distinct memory I have from when I was real young was cutting my hair.  I just wanted to see what it was like and then immediately felt horribly guilty, as I knew I'd just done something I shouldn't have.  I slowly walked out of the playroom, hoping mom and dad wouldn't notice.  But they did. Apparently it looked something like this.

Anyway, Sam recently cut her hair at school because her "hair was in her face." Luckily
1) it just looks like she has bangs now
2) we can still pull it to the side with a clip (we were growing out the bangs)

I guess the boy next to her had hair in his face as well, as she helped him out too.  Luckily

1) the boy had long shaggy hair, so you couldn't really tell
2) the parents thought it was hilarious.  They even saved the 3 inch clipping.

But Sam didn't see the humor in it and decided to color on the wall to vent her frustration.

What can I say, it's been a rough couple of weeks with me living on the couch and Daddy in charge.

I wonder if she'll remember it later in life too, minus the horrible embarrassment. 

1 comment:

TX grandma said...

Jeremy's brother (Andrew) and sister (Jenna) played Barber Shop one day. That wasn't so bad, but it was before Jenna was to have preschool pictures taken. The hair dresser was able to do her best to correct the resyled haircut.

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers