One distinct memory I have from when I was real young was cutting my hair. I just wanted to see what it was like and then immediately felt horribly guilty, as I knew I'd just done something I shouldn't have. I slowly walked out of the playroom, hoping mom and dad wouldn't notice. But they did. Apparently it looked something like this.
Anyway, Sam recently cut her hair at school because her "hair was in her face." Luckily
1) it just looks like she has bangs now
2) we can still pull it to the side with a clip (we were growing out the bangs)
I guess the boy next to her had hair in his face as well, as she helped him out too. Luckily
1) the boy had long shaggy hair, so you couldn't really tell
2) the parents thought it was hilarious. They even saved the 3 inch clipping.
But Sam didn't see the humor in it and decided to color on the wall to vent her frustration.
What can I say, it's been a rough couple of weeks with me living on the couch and Daddy in charge.
I wonder if she'll remember it later in life too, minus the horrible embarrassment.
- Nebraska, United States
- A would-be stay at home mom working full-time as a teacher. I teach at my old Highschool, working side-by-side with my own teachers. I blog to keep the Texan grandparents updated and chronicle our life for future reference. (In other words, I don't have a real baby-book or diary.) Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com