About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Monday, November 13, 2017

Doubling the household

So much has happened and I need to catch up. "Just blog from now and catch up later!" I keep telling myself. And then it is midnight and I crash after doing just what is needed for tomorrow.

What is going on?
The Hnoskos are moving back home!!!! And even better- to OUR home!

Multi family living for the win!
We've been getting our place ready and prepping both sets of kids. There was a basement to remodel, a bathroom to make more functional, an entryway to redesign, doors to replace and m about 100 trips to Menards.

And now, the count down begins. We've had Mr Hnosko living with us for a while now and the rest of the clan arrives Saturday. With only a few more projects left, we can all see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!




Basement before

Closet knocked out. That's Mr Hnosko, who we currently refer to as my second husband... Sometimes "the dishwasher"...

Framed


After
What I was sitting on when I took the previous picture. Ideas for decorating the wall are much welcomed!

The other side of the wall, now a non conforming 4th bedroom

Front entry way closet turned into Mini mudroom with a shoe bin.

 
Even has a touch light so the kiddos can see while digging

I moved the baskets to outside the mudroom


Laundry and toothbrush solution for 10 people

Wine rack used for towel storage. I've been introduced to the concept of vertical storage and am a little obsessed.

Lots of other additions and tweaks, but I'll try and update more as we go along and catch up the past 6 months another time!



No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers