About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mothering role #572- Central Sounding Board

As I'm writing an e-mail to a parent, trying to get things settled before things get crazy around here HS comes down and starts rattling off his plan for the day.  It involves Jeremy, but I guess it's necessary to let me know everything going on and the play-by-play as it happenes. 

About three sentences in I ask him to wait a few minutes until I finish the e-mail.
He says, "Yes," waits a few seconds and then continues.

"Sweetie, I just a few minutes while I finish this thought please."

"Ok."  And then he continues.

 After a few sentences he realizes that I really am not listening and says, "I'll go talk to Jeremy."

"Sounds good, as it sounds like your plan involves him."

So he heads downstairs to talk to Jeremy.  A few minutes later Jeremy comes upstairs and Samantha curls up next to me asking if I'll play animals with her, "Yes, just let me finish this e-mail, sweetie." 

Jeremy then stands in front of me and starts, "HS just came and told me his plan for the day- we are going to-"

At which point I bellowed out, "WOULD YOU ALL JUST LET ME FINISH THIS E-MAIL!  I NEED TO THINK FOR A FEW SECONDS SO I CAN COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE!!!"

To which Jeremy replies, "NO!!!! WE WILL NOT!!"

And then he sat down next to me and helped me finish it (I tend to be a little too blunt so I always need someone to proof-read e-mails to parents.)

And that is why my husband is awesome.

1 comment:

Granddad and Grandma said...

We like him too....taught him everything he knows.....well the GOOD parts....we take no responsibility for anything else....heh heh

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers