About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Monday, May 29, 2017

ONE!

Holy cow this year went by fast.  You are definitely the third child.  The day before your birthday we were working on the front-yard play area and I heard you screeching for my attention.  We stopped and said, "Whaaaaat?"
And then you did this:
Are you watching?

Ok here I go...

Tada!  No hands!
We were all so impressed and you happily repeated the trick over and over.
Walking is only weeks away!
A friend recently heard you over the phone and used a word that I think describes your demanding personality quite well- "Tyrant"
You are a hilarious and cute tyrant, but very demanding and LOUD nonetheless.  You have thismuch patience when it comes to food being served and you eat 70% of the day.  Oh your screech.  We thought we'd gotten you to stop, but you've started up again.  My ears literally ring.  I'm not looking forward to the car trip to Arkansas this year!  I've literally bought ear-plugs for everyone.

I was taking note recently and realized you have three locations most of the day.
Here:


here:

And your pack-n-play (sorry, no pictures)

You are quite demanding with regards to sleeping as well.  You hate it when I walk into your room and start the routine, but as soon as I throw your "B" at you (blankie) you start rubbing your eyes and yawning.  I chuckle and call you "pavlov's dog". 
You're an ok napper but a great night sleeper.  Two 1-2 hr naps a day, bed by 7 and up at 6.  Oh how I'd love to push the bed-time and wake up time one hour. (Where is day light savings when I need it?!?)
You are wearing 18 month clothes.
You weigh 22 lbs.
You LOVE to swing.
You can sign more, milk, down and all-done, but prefer to SCREAM at us, much to our dismay.

With your FPIES we are still staying waaaaay clear of rice, oats, bananas and avocado.  But we've got a routine, including pumpkin, carrot, squash, applesauce and cinnamon packets:
And don't I DARE put anything else in them!
Also- CHEESE!  Like real dairy cheese!  Oh how I rejoiced at an easy, protein-packed, fatty food for you!
Your frown still cracks everyone up.  You're so skeptical of anyone new...and grass...

Your foot :)
So much love for your sisters!  Or possibly the mowers...I don't remember.  I think you frowned at them.

Then back to complaining...with the foot still up.
The first thing Charlotte STILL asks when she wakes up is, "Where's Genevieve?"  I am so looking forward to watching you two when you can master the stairs! 

You looooooove your sisters.
Want to have milk available and at your disposal 12/7. 
Are the dismantler
Our shredder
Every. Single. Morning.


To which I say, "Whatever, you aren't screaming."
Our kicker
Why do you kick?  This baffles me so.  It's the oddest thing.  Kickkickkickkickkick. Whenever we pick you up, if you are happy, mad, tired, just waking up.  Kickkickkickkickkick.


I'm not kidding you when I say this was the first time you did this! 

And recently have discovered the joy of cuddling.  Since birth you refused to cuddle.  Oh, you want us to hold you, but facing OUT.  You have realized the joy that is laying your head down on our chest/shoulder and are quite the cuddler now, much to your father's enjoyment.

Oh how we love you Genevieve! 

No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers