About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Sunday, March 8, 2009

30 weeks! And the best husband ever

I'm so glad I'm in the 30's. Don't know why.
Anyway, this week has been ho-hum, I guess. It went by a LOT faster than last week, thank goodness!

I've been feeling naked. No, no I have my clothes on, I just stopped wearing my wedding ring. I'm just too scared to leave it on at this point. I can get it on and off, but only at certain times of the day and it was getting more and more painful.

Also, my feet have been very sore. I wake up and it feels like I've been walking all night. Like I'm walking on blisters.
blah.

The baby has discovered my hip bone and ribs. Not sure if I like this! The hip is ok. I just tell the child that he/she can kick it all they want, the hip is not going to move. The ribs...well, it's kinda hard to exhale all the way with a head (or butt?) stuck up under one side!


And man does the baby loves my right side.
This, however, is getting on my nerves.
As Jer will gladly announce to the world, I have a 'don't touch me'ism--

I don't care if you touch me, actually. I just can't stand repetitive rubbing, tapping, poking or pushing in the same spot. Chinese water torture would work on me in about 10 seconds. So a week with a head/butt pushing out on one side of me, in the same spot...well, you can imagine my frustration!!

I have to brag on Jer here, too. He is so awesome, I don't know how I was so lucky to marry him! This morning I got back from going to the bathroom for the umpteenth time and was near tears due to my feet. I asked him as I crawled back in bed if he wouldn't mind rubbing my feet later (but not the ankle) to see if it would help. About a half an hour later he comes in with a rolling pin and grabs my leg.

yeah, you are probably thinking the exact same thing I was!

Anyway, he puts my leg on his shoulder and starts rolling the pin on my thigh.
"uh, sweetie, that's cold and it's my feet that are swollen"
"I know, I'll get to them, we need to get the whole leg circulating." So he spent the next hour rolling my legs, feet, and rubbing my "highly evolved" toes. (I have the smallest pea-shaped toes. he says mine are more evolved than his. He's weird.) I hadn't realized this, but I was barely able to flex my toes before he was done. When he was done I was amazed- I could bend my toes! Anyway, he propped my feet up and said to stay like that for an hour.
no problem!
2 hrs later I got up-- and nothing hurt!
I'm telling you, he rocks.

1 comment:

Aaron Linderman said...

Props to the husband. I want to be like him when I grow up.

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers