About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Friday, May 31, 2013

I have lots of moneys

Samantha has been begging to go out for ice cream.  She even specifically ate all her ice cream at home so that she could say, "Welp, we are out of ice cream.  That means we have to go buy some." And by "buy some" she does not mean buying some from the grocery store.  Only dairy queen or cherry on top will do.  It may or may not have something to do with the fact that the last time we went to Dairy Queen, she did not get any because of a class-A scream fest she demonstrated in the car. 

Anyway, I made a chore-chart and money value chart, and we'll see how this goes.  We're still working on setting the table and putting her clothes away (chores that are required and do not earn money) but maybe this way she'll learn some value of money and hard work.  Except that she gets a KICK out of helping and using the spray bottles til her hand can squeeze no more.  Oh well, only time will tell!
Need to buy a jet dry mop to add one more chore...

There is a second page with "book" "big toy" and "nail polish"

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I should probably make up a system like this... Fiona recently (and suddenly) got very interested in having chores assigned to her- and I'm surely not going to stand in the way of that sort of enthusiasm. We've got a chore chart, but they're very basic (feed dog, set table, take put compost, etc) and have no reward beyond a sparkly magnet on the chart.

Kat said...

Oh my gosh, I love this! Maybe I will just print it out for Genevieve, as I am too lazy to make one myself. :) She does love the jet mop! And I need to get her doing some of those chores.

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers