About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Where to begin...

Ug, it's been so long and so much has happened I almost don't even want to catch up.  But then my annual mother's day gift came- my blog book.  It's getting thinner and thinner, but each year I go through it and can't believe how much life has changed in two years (it's roughly 2 years behind).  So, for prosperity's sake, I'm going to just jot down the highlights from the past 2 months and then try to keep up from there.  Because honestly, time is going by so fast.  And as much as I tell myself "Oh, I'll remember this", I don't.  And reading my blog-books helps me to remember this.
So here we go.


The new little one
I've told this story so many times that I know I won't ever forget, but it's still worth sharing.  After we lost Baby Eddie in October Samantha would randomly (and often) talk about the baby not being in my belly anymore.  "There isn't a baby in your tummy anymore, right mommy?," she'd ask solemnly.  Then one day (a week before Jeremy's birthday) she switched and told me, "Mommy, you have a baby in your tummy, right?!"  I'd gently remind her that no, I didn't anymore, that the baby died and went to heaven.  She'd insist, but eventually walk off with a shrug as if to say, "Whatever mom, you obviously don't know anything."

 She did this a few times. 

Then, on Jeremy's birthday I decided to take the last test at home.  I'm not sure why, as the chances of there being a pregnancy were very slim, but part of me was curious, as I hasn't been keeping track of my cycle (first time since we've been married).  Why?  Well, my body was still returning to not being pregnant, we were going to start trying again the next cycle and it still stung a little that I had to return to the routine since I was suppose to be pregnant still.

Anyway, the test came back positive and my heart started racing.  Jeremy had no idea that I was testing, so I was upstairs alone while reality started to sink in.  The first coherent thought that went through my head was "How did Samantha know?!?".

 I immediately made a mental note to ask Sam later how many were in there and the gender, since she obviously had a connection somewhere.  The second was, "When in the world did this happen?"  Like I said, the opportunities had been very slim.

So I pranced downstairs and made Jeremy his b-day card.  On the inside was the outline of Samantha's hand holding up a peace sign (so 2).  On the outside is said, "Roses are red, violets are blue, in October you'll be a father of __________(Sam's hand)"  We quietly celebrated, not wanting to tell Samantha yet.  When we finally did tell her, she insisted that it was a sister.  And that her name was Priscilla.  We believed her on the gender, not so much on the name. 

When time came for the ultrasound I was convinced that we were having a boy.  So much so that when it came to the ultrasound, if I hadn't seen the very distinct lady parts myself, I wouldn't have believed her.  It took a good 24 hours before I was able to change my view of the future.  Don't get me wrong, I was actually relieved that we were having another girl.  But I had just convinced myself otherwise, so it took a while getting use to the idea of two girls! 

Oh yeah, we're having a girl!  She was going to be Felicity, but since we already have a Samantha, I was very hesitant.  Every time I told someone our age that we were thinking of the name we'd get the same response, "OH!  I LOVE Felicity! *pause* Wait...Samantha and Felicity?  Did you read a lot of the American Girl books growing up?"  So Felicity will be on hold for the next girl.  This one is going to be Charlotte  (middle name to be decided).

The first words out of my mouth at the ultrasound were "Oh no, Papa is not going to be happy!"
My poor father.  Don't get me wrong, he LOVES his girls (each of us has a #.  My mom is B1 (Beautiful #1), I'm B2, Amanda is B3, Lucy is B4 etc...) but girls vastly outnumber the boys both on his side of the family and in his immediate descendants. Fifteen neices and seven nephews.  Three daughters, one son.  This fall there will be four grand-daugthers, and one grandson.   He just wants less dolls and pink at this point! 

I told him not to worry, the next one will be a boy.  Jeremy puts in "orders" and usually gets what he wants (me, Sam and this one), so he told me his next order will be for a boy.

Hm...this post has turned into a lot longer than I'd originally intended.   I'll have to continue with how I tortured my students, Sam's antics, a big-brother for Sam and her fourth birthday later...

1 comment:

Mammasita said...

Oh isn't it amazing how little ones "just know." They are better listeners than us busy adults.

Charlotte is such a beautiful name.

(We too are patiently waiting on our own Felicity...was are plan with Colette, but God had his own idea.)

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers