About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Friday, July 31, 2015

Lifestyle Recipe Roundup

B-fast
Instant "no-oatmeal"  I just add a tsp of maple syrup.  Samantha LOVES it and Jeremy couldn't believe how good it tasted!  I do an assembly line-up of the dry ingredients, so making this in the morning takes less than 2 minutes (including cooking time)


On the side:
 We made these biscuits.  They are a little dense, but Jeremy couldn't stop eating them and made myself stop at 3.  The girls weren't a fan, but they really weren't biscuit fans before either.


Snack:
1 egg white to 1 cup almond meal, add seasonings you'd like, spread out on parchment paper.  Score the dough, sprinkle some salt and bake at 350 for 10-15 min. These are crackers that taste "just like real ones!" (Samantha)

Jer's  Alton Brown's Guacamole:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/guacamole-recipe.html (Jer leaves the seeds of the jalapeño in it)

Drink:
I'm still adjusting to find a good and easy coffee routine...this site has some amazing creamers that I've been using!  Not as sweet as I'd like, so I'm still working on it, but if you like your coffee mostly black, these are smooth and delish!

Dessert:
Coconut macaroons.  Adapted from this recipe:
1/3 cup sweetened chocolate
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
2/3 cup coconut sugar
6T unsweetened cocoa
3 Large eggwhites
1/4 t salt
1/2 t vanilla


No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers