About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Penny Pincher

I love torturing money. Something about hearing a penny scream is very satisfying. So after garage sale shopping last week I was on a "Look at the deal I got!" high. I went hunting for winter clothing for Samantha and an exersaucer. At the first garage sale my list expanded to clothes for me and later toys for Sam and Lucy.

Here are a few things I got:
Two bucks! Even Jer knew how great a deal this was. Pretty cool how they are in ABC order, huh? No, they didn't come that way. Jer couldn't go to work until they were in order. He was late. The extra "o" confused him. No, it's not a zero (he informed me).
I got these for Lucy, $2 each! I probably should have gotten the 2nd grade level. Most of the questions "everyone knows". Except that the Ugly Duckling turning into a swan. That, she is quite sure of, is not common knowledge.

A few other finds were 3 shirts for me (I have no winter clothes due to 8 years of living in the south)and a pair of pants that I have worn every day since I got them all for $16. I'd sleep in the pants if they didn't need to be washed.

The best garage sale was the one that was a hard competitor for Walgreens. They had tylenol, batteries, folders, erasers, pantyliners, pens, pencils, protractors, compasses, flashlights, razors, shampoo, body wash- and much much more. And I'm not talking one bottle of pain relievers. There were at least 50. I also found 2 pairs of jeans for Lucy for .25 each and tons of winter clothes for Samantha for $11.

And my favorite deal! For $15 from Craigslist.com (cue drumroll)


































Ta Da!

Cute chubby legs

Her thumb was more interesting at first. She has now figured out how to bang toys and grab at things while in it.


Next up- Take2 sale! Stay tuned for more money torture.

No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers