About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sickness and Shamless Self Promotion

I don't know if you've noticed, but in many of the posts for about the past month there has been a sheet on the couch.

No, I'm not paranoid about keeping the couch clean. No, Jer and I are not fighting. He was horribly sick for 2 weeks and then had a cough that would not go away for another 2 weeks. So to allow me and Sam a decent night's sleep (or to get one himself as she was getting up every 2 hrs), Jer has camped out on the couch for the past month. After two doctor visits, antibiotics and lots of puking Jer is finally back in the bedroom. As much as I missed him, I have to admit it was really nice having the bed to myself. But now we get to have cuddle time:

What, did you think I meant me and him? HA! See- Samantha has been sick too. Poor baby has been mis-er-ab-le! Note the red eyes and zoned look:

I'd go into snotty details, but- quite honestly- it's all been a blur. She was sleeping 8 hrs at a time before she got sick and then went back to being up every 2. Talk about torture! But I guess misery loves company- and a sick baby needs her mommy.

That being said, I would like to brag. All this sickness and guess who has escaped unscathed? Now, don't get me wrong, I have not felt well some days-- nothing can replace sleep deprivation. However, I didn't get sick!

At the beginning of the month I was taking Nutriferon, but ran out in the mist of the germ war. One morning I woke up with a scratchy throat and a really sensitive spot on my head (am I the only one that gets those?) These are two signs that I'm going to have a major sinus infection soon. I called my mom and asked if she had any D&R. She did (thank God) and I popped a few that morning and before I went to bed that night. The only problem with D&R is that it works so well and so fast that I always forget to take it the next morning because I feel fine! So I'll get a scratchy throat again the next morning and lather, rinse, repeat. Anyway, after 3 consecutive days of taking it I've usually kicked the cold and don't have to take it any more.

In light of Thanksgiving I'm offering a special on the two items that got me through the past month- Nutriferon and Defend and Resist. The special (running until Nov 9th) is:
Nutriferon for $36 (Reg 45.90) and Defend and Resist for $16 (Reg $20.35).

What? Too expensive?
This is how I think of it: A co-pay for the doctor is around $20, right? Then there are the prescriptions and/or meds you take to help you survive said illness. If you decide to avoid the doctor and "ride it out," you are still miserable for several days and may even miss a day or so of work.

As I've told Jer- I prefer a planned expense to avoid rather than an impulse expense to recover.

Now, if you purchase anything from Shaklee you get a 30-day money back guarantee. You can literally send back an empty bottle for a full refund.

And best of all- they are both kid/nursing mom/pregnant mom safe. If your child is too young to swallow- crush them up in some food and you're good to go!

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program:


Can't decide what she likes more- shaking the rattle or hitting me in the face with it.

No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers