About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Stubborn

It's been an adjustment having H as part of our family.  Not just for us, but for him too.  Luckily, he's just as stubborn and determined to be perfect like the other three first-borns in the household.

Something that has been difficult for him is learning how to interact with a baby- he's tried waving (for a few months now) and we've been telling him for months to talk, make faces, but it's really out of his comfort zone. 

Anyway, it came to a head the other week when Sam had a migraine and Jeremy and I were trying to get her out the door to the ER (pre-emptive this time, before it got too bad) and Charlotte was SCREAMing while Sam was puking hard core right as Jeremy was walking out the door with her.  I hollered at H to please talk to Charlotte, she was just upset that she was alone and the lights were out.  It was quite the scene with Sam heaving, Charlotte screaming, H hollering "I don't know what to say!...this isn't working!!!" and me yelling back, "H I can't help you right now, please just talk to her!  It doesn't matter what, just TALK!"

Afterwards he sat with me and Charlotte and watched me talking and making her laugh.  "You make it look so easy" he said.  I showed him that it doesn't matter what you say, it's just a matter of talking.  It's not about you, it's about them.  Just look at them and smile. 

Fast forward to a few weeks.  The other day I heard him talking Colleges to Charlotte (pretty much his world right now) and turned to find him opening his mail:
So. Sweet.

No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers