About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Monday, November 24, 2014

Signing-Roll

Recently the whole signing/communicating gig "clicked" with Charlotte and she follows me and Jeremy around with her signing books yelling at us until we read them to her 15 times.  I'll never forget the evening when I sat on the couch and as I read one to her she carefully watched me, then would look at the book and then me again as I signed them and pointed and helped her "practice".  After about 5 times through one particular book she had 1/2 of them down and she was SO proud of herself and actually performed for Samantha.  This is a big deal as Charlotte is NOT a performer.  She'll do something only if it pertains to the situation, but NOT when mommy asks.

So, that is why this video is such a big deal.  I got her to perform.  On camera.  With Samantha as a "translator".  She has a few more signs she can do, but I decided not to push my luck!  It was so hard not to squeal with excitement and call Jeremy over (which would have shut down the performance instantly).

So here you have it:
Please
Thank you
All done
More
Hat
Dog
Cat
Book
Apple
Bird (that was the first time she'd done it!)
Bye-Bye


Missing:
Baby (I swear she can do it and does it so well)
Down
Dada
Eat
Drink
Bath-time
Swing
Help
Phone
Hot

No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers