About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Monday, January 18, 2010

8 Months

I know I've already whined about her turning 6 months, and then 7- but it really isn't fair. She's way too close to one year for my comfort. Granted she's just barely 14 lbs, and still prefers laying down to sitting up- all which give her the semblance of being a little baby. But that doesn't change the fact that she is still eight months. In my head she's stuck at 6 months. Any time someone asks me how old she is I have to stop myself. Crazy!
Anywho:

What Samantha can do and what she actually does are two different things at this point.

  • She can roll very well. And quickly. But she usually just stays on her back or side. If something's not within a good stretch, it's usually not worth it (the exceptions being cords, paper, my yarn, and any unsuspecting electronic device)

  • She can sit up-and for several minutes. But why would she do that? She can whip her head around and see the whole room from the floor- and not have to worry about losing her balance, thus whacking her head.

  • She can sleep through the night. But I think she's figured out the one reason I'll go and get her-- a poopy diaper.

  • She can mimic the sounds "ba-ba-ba-ba" and "da-da-da-da" and "ma-ma-ma-ma". But doing them on command would just impress everyone. It's much more fun to make mommy feel silly calling to everyone "watch this!" and then do nothing.

And just a few quick notes for the baby book:
She loooooooooves books, bath time is still fun, and I feel like I'm feeding her 24/7 at this point. Solids and nursing alike. She won't eat anything green (beans, peas or avocado), but all orange and yellow items are a go (sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, mango, apples, bananas and peaches).

Oh, and God so knew what he was doing when he made prunes baby-taste bud-friendly.


No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers