About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Friday, May 22, 2015

Food Plan Week One

Ok, so the goal is eventually a full-on paleo diet.  But to get there we are resetting our body to be able to differentiate between the different types of sugars.  In order to do that we have to detox.  Blech.  My mom and dad started 4 days ago and...well, I'm not looking forward to that.  We're starting on Tuesday.  Mainly because we have Sam's b-day party planned and dinner plans with friends, but partly because I needed time to plan AND the school year to be done.

So for 10 days we are doing NO sugars and low carb foods. This means NO FRUIT.  It took me a while to put this together, as I'm more worried about the girls.  I haven't tried eggs for Charlotte yet and I want to give them familiar foods to avoid them being hungry on top of cranky.  This is the plan thus far to make this sugar-detox bearable for us and the kids:

WEEK ONE

Breakfasts:
Carrot Pumpkin Spice Muffins- Charlotte went to town on these!
Vanilla Pancakes (to be eaten with clarified butter and almond butter)-tasted like a dry egg omelet with coconut.
Bacon and zucchini pancakes (for Jer and Sam and Me if Charlotte can handle the eggs)

Lunches:
Bacon Avocado muffins
Chipotle Chicken Salad (this one's for me!)
Left overs
Cauliflower wraps with chicken
guacamole with sweet-potato chips

Meals:
Chicken and dumplings- Sam didn't notice a difference from Jer's regular ones.  Need to make sure to use Almond flour in the future as the dumplings broke apart and each bite was slightly crunchy due to the finely chopped almonds.
Jermey's spaghetti sauce with zoodles
Fried caulirice
Pork chops and spaghetti squash (haven't decided on the flavor yet on those...maybe asian?  Savory?)
Roast Chicken with sweet potato tots and brussel sprouts
Avocado cream enchiladas with a salad and Ranch

Snacks:
sweet potato chips
raw/sauteed veggies (carrots and broccoli)
Hard boiled eggs
nuts and seeds
unsweetened coconut milk (for Charlotte)
muffins
Dessert:
Pumpkin cake with chocolate whip
Bitter Bounty Chocolates- DID NOT like. :(
chocolate icecream (if I have time this week..)

Now don't even get me started on the price tag for the first week.  I was shaking in the car and called Jeremy to calm me down.  He reminded me that most of what we bought will take a looooong time to use up.  Also, the 10 day detox is harder than the rest of the re-set, and after that things are a lot more flexible.


1 comment:

MamaFujan said...

This is exciting Kim! Looking forward to reading about it this summer!

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers