About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Food Plan Week 1- Reality

Ok, so after one day we realized the girls were just too young to do the sugar purge, so we are just doing a Paleo diet for 30 days for them, with minimal dairy.  After just 3 days Samantha was raving about the delicious banana and how gooooood it tasted.

Breakfast:

 I made some paleo chocolate zucchini muffins, blueberry muffins and strawberry muffins for the girls.  Jer and I downed eggs, zucchini and egg "pancakes" and chicken stock we'd made.

Lunch: the girls had left overs or just whatever I could scrounge up (being that our house is purged of all foods except what we bought last week).  I had salads and left-overs too.


The food we gave to friends.  This doesn't include what we had to throw away.
Why did we have four boxes of OPENED GRAHAM CRACKERS?!?  

Dinners:

Spaghetti and zoodles- HUGE hit.  Even with my picky eater Charlotte.

Pork roast (given to us by friends, so wasn't "planned) with cauli-rice and broccoli--really yummy!

Roast chicken with mashed sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts- the chicken was a hit...the veggies, not so much...even for me and Jer.

Pork chops with sweet potato tots

Avocado cream enchiladas

Snacks:
sweet potato chips got old REAL fast.  Especially since I don't like them to begin with.

I made smoothies for the girls...only Sam will eat them, though!

Unsweetened applesauce (for the girls) with coconut oil, flax-meal and cinnamon- all warmed up.  The girls LOVE this.

Salty roasted nuts (garlic salt, ghee, ginger and coconut aminos)- yum!!!!

Almond butter on a spoon with coconut oil- whenever I didn't feel full after a meal or had a sweet craving, I just downed this and it did the trick.

diced avocado and tomato coated with the homemade paleo ranch


Results- days 1-3 were rough as I just felt achy allllllllll over.  I didn't want to move.  It hurt to just think.  I made sure to take naps when I could as I knew this was going to be the case.  BUT- and this is huge- When I was awake I was AWAKE.  No foggy brain.  Day three was rough as Sam had a major meltdown and Charlotte was doing full-on scream city--but I had patience through it all and by 8pm was still wide awake and able to do chores and plan for the next day!

Jeremy says he can't believe how much he enjoys working out.  I don't like it, but I like the feeling afterwards.




No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers