About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Friday, May 22, 2015

New Endeavors

There's been a LOT changing in our household.  SO much.  It's a LOT to process, but it's all been very good and perfectly timed...so much so that it's definitely NOT a coincidence!

Anyway, I'm going to journal about it, and it just seems logical/natural to do so here.  There are several other blogs that I came across that were helpful, so maybe I'll be able to return the favor to someone else.
The official program is called 8 weeks to wellness, so the label will be 8ww.

Symptoms:
For me, I'm constantly tired.  And when I'm not, as soon as I eat, I'm tired.  I'm tired of being tired.
Head/ear aches.  I'm constantly popping ibuprofen.  At least once a day, if not twice. And sometimes, it doesn't even help.
Backaches.  Oh, my back.  I'm only 31.  I should be able to get out of bed in the morning without pain, no?
Numb hands.  When I wake up, 90% of the time my hands are completely numb.  I've tried different mattresses, pillows and chiropractic adjustments...the adjustments help, but as soon as things slip back out, I'm numb again.
No energy.  This goes with being tired all the time.  I can count on my hand the number of times I've felt "awake."  It's glorious.  But very short-lasting.
Acne.  Ok, I'm not being vain here.  After having Charlotte I've had acne that is on par with what I had as a teen.  It is painful and EVERYwhere.  Ever had a bra strap sit on a newly red and painful zit?  Not a good way to start the day.
Digestive issues.  I won't go into details.  Just suffice to say it's painful and urgent.  Not fun when you're a teacher and kids are taking a test/quiz.

For Samantha: we're hoping to help with her hyper-ness and impulsivity.  Digestive issues are a problem here too.
For Charlotte: I'm hoping this lifestyle change will help with her skin sensitivities. Ditto on the digestive issues.
For Jeremy: well, obviously he's had (and still has) digestive issues...what with his large intestine being gone and all.  He currently has high blood-pressure and cholesterol.  And a horrific sleeper.  I can count on my hand how many times he's slept through the night.  And he's tired all the time too.

I have to say, one of the perfect timing parts is that my mom and dad and everyone under that household is doing this too.  SUCH a huge blessing.  Their symptoms are worse than all of ours combined.  But that's not my story to tell.

Next up, the meal plan...

No comments:

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers