About Me

My photo
Nebraska, United States
A former full-time teacher living her life-long dream of staying at home. And homeschooling to boot! Comments make my day. Thanks for stopping by! kimlepper at gmail.com

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Peace Treaty Via Black and Decker

Apparently the battle with rice is a generational battle.

Or there's a anti-rice cooking gene.

Jeremy said I've just psyched myself out. That cooking rice is just like baking.
I'm a good baker, therefore it shouldn't be a problem.

So I did what any good wife does when her husband says such things.

I complained to my mother.

All these years I thought she bought minute-rice because she didn't realize the taste difference of real rice.

Turns out she has the same issue I do- and she's a fantastic baker!

So when my sweet friend surprised me with this

both my mom and I were overjoyed (we're moving in with the folks, remember).

I made sure to document the momentous occasion:

Before
During
(I so desperately wanted to intervene- notice the "foaming" on the sides)


Ta da!
No burnt popcorn smells this time!
This turned into our dinner, then lunch, then dinner, then lunch.

Thanks Melissa!!

1 comment:

Melissa K. said...

So proud of you, so proud!

Ram Sam Sam

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lil Sister

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Genevieve

Lilypie First Birthday tickers